We know HOA’s can be a pain. Here are 3 steps to convince them to allow metal roofing.
1. Schedule A Meeting
- Most HOA’s have meetings every 30 days. Get on their schedule to present why they should allow metal roofing in your neighborhood.
2. Demonstrate The Benefits
- Metal roofing can imitate asphalt, wood shake, slate, & clay tile roofs.
- It’s also the longest-lasting roofing material available. So there’s less to worry about!
- When the paint coating eventually oxidizes, you can also repaint the surface with a fresh coat for even more value.
- When you tear metal roofing off, it can be recycled unlike virtually any other roofing material out there.
- It would be wise to acquire samples of the roofing material from your roofer to show them and further convince them that metal roofing is a beautiful and viable roofing material to use in your neighborhood.
- Here’s a free online tool that helps you visualize what each metal roofing material would look like. https://mra.renoworks.com/pages/project/gallery
3. Show Them In Person
- If you can, and your board is willing, schedule a time to show them local examples of beautiful metal roofing so they can get a feel for what it would look like in their area.
- In most cases, after you show them just how versatile, energy-efficient, long-lasting and beautiful metal roofing is, they’ll change or at least loosen up their restrictions on metal roofing enabling you to make a great investment in your home.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us below!