Trapped heat and moisture in the attic can jeopardize the performance of a new roof.
Improper Insulation can cause:
- Condensation: Any water vapor in the warm attic air will rise until it reaches the cold
roof deck area at which point it cools and condenses back to a liquid form, causing:
- Wet wood/sagging roof deck
- Potential insect infestation
- Mold and mildew / Interior damage
- Premature failure of roofing materials
Attic heat can cause:
- Shingles will overheat then begin cupping, and premature granule loss occurs exposing
Allowing an increase in warm attic air will only elevate the temperature of the roof shingles already
being heated by the sun, resulting in a negative effect to its long-term durability.
Proper attic insulation and ventilation work together to extend the life of your roof and avoid a costly