The cost of a new asphalt roof in Seattle can vary depending on several factors, including the type of shingle chosen and the size and complexity of the roof. Here is a breakdown of the different types of asphalt shingles and their approximate costs, as well as the importance of a new roof.
The average cost of a new asphalt roofing system in the Seattle area is between $650 to $900 per square. This cost depends on a variety of factors including the size of your home, the roofing materials used, and the installation costs. While 3-tab shingles are more budget-friendly, architectural and premium shingles offer enhanced durability, longevity, and visual appeal. Regardless of your budget, Integrity Roofing will work closely with you to find the best solution that balances cost-effectiveness with your desired outcomes. Call Integrity Roofing for an accurate estimate for your particular home.
Roofs are measured in “squares”. A 100-square-foot area is considered 1 square in roofing terms. To simplify, the amount of material needed to cover 100 square feet of roof area is equal to 1 square of roofing material. So, as an example, if a roof surface area is 2000 square feet, the contractor would figure 20 squares. You can approximate how many squares your home is by dividing the square feet of your roof area by 100.
- 15 square roof = $9,750 to $13,500
20 square roof = $13,000 to $18,000
25 square roof = $16,250 to $22,500
30 square roof = $19,500 to $27,000
What is the Difference Between Shingles?
There are four types of shingles we install.
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles – Three-tab shingles are the most basic and economical option. They are flat with three tabs evenly spaced on each shingle.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles – Architectural shingles, also known as dimensional or laminate shingles, offer a more visually appealing appearance with a multi-dimensional design. They are thicker and heavier than three-tab shingles and have a longer lifespan.
- Luxury Shingles – Luxury shingles are a premium option that provides enhanced aesthetics and durability. These shingles often mimic the look of natural materials like wood or slate. Luxury shingles are thicker, more durable, and have a longer lifespan than standard asphalt shingles.
- Impact-Resistant Shingles – Impact-resistant shingles are designed to withstand hail and wind damage, making them a popular choice in areas prone to severe weather conditions. These shingles are reinforced with a layer of impact-resistant material, such as polymers or fiberglass.
Why is a New Roof Important?
Protection From the Elements
The primary function of a roof is to protect the interior of the home from the elements, such as rain, snow, wind, and UV radiation. A new roof ensures that your home remains watertight and shielded from potential damage caused by leaks and moisture infiltration.
Enhanced Energy Efficiency
A new roof with proper insulation and ventilation can significantly improve energy efficiency. It helps regulate indoor temperatures, reduces heat loss during winter, and minimizes heat gain in the summer. This, in turn, can lead to lower heating and cooling costs and create a more comfortable living environment.
Increased Home Value
A new roof can enhance the curb appeal and overall value of your home. It is one of the first things that potential buyers notice and can make a significant impression. A well-maintained and visually appealing roof can increase the marketability of your home and potentially result in a higher resale value.
Regular roof inspections and timely replacement can help identify and address minor issues before they escalate into major problems. By replacing your roof when it reaches the end of its lifespan or shows signs of significant wear, you can avoid more extensive damage to your home’s structure and potentially costly repairs.
Peace of Mind
A new roof provides peace of mind, knowing that your home is well-protected and secure. It eliminates the worries and uncertainties associated with an aging or deteriorating roof, allowing you to focus on other aspects of homeownership without the constant concern of potential leaks or damage.
In summary, the cost of a new asphalt roof in Seattle can vary depending on the type of shingle chosen. Three-tab asphalt shingles are the most economical, while architectural, luxury, and impact-resistant shingles offer increased durability and aesthetic appeal at higher price points. A new roof is important for protecting your home from the elements, improving energy efficiency, increasing property value, preventing costly repairs, and providing peace of mind.
Be sure to place your trust in the professionals at Integrity Pro in Seattle when it comes to all things roofing. We are here to help in any way we can! Call today!